Gun Safety – Remember Josh
In Honor of
Joshua M. Martin
4/19/1987 – 3/19/2006
Josh was killed when his longtime friend who was negligently holding a loaded gun pointed it toward him and pulled the trigger.
According to statistics at least 50% of households in the US has a gun in it, which means when your child goes over to a friend’s house there is a 50/50 chance that house will have a gun in it. So before you let your child go over to a friend’s house, ask their parents if they own a gun, and if so how it is stored?
Please talk to your loved ones about gun safety.
Insight’s Safety Rules
- Treat all guns as if they are Loaded
- Always point your weapon in a Safe Direction
- Know your target and what is beyond
- Keep your finger straight along the Frame until you are on target and ready to shoot
- Maintain control of your firearm 24/7